2 November 2012

oh, my dear

A year ago today, I drove the four hours from my home to my parents' by myself.
Well, kind of.

She was there.

Of course, she was merely the size of an apple seed + I wasn't entirely certain of her presence. [I was pretty darn sure -- I had been for more than a week -- but I had yet to take a test + see the physical answer in my face.]

When I arrived at my parents' house with a Costco-sized box [because everything is better when it's Costco-sized], Joey + I hurried to the quiet basement, where we could be alone for a few moments. Where the biggest change my life has ever known was confirmed.



+ confirmed again.



+ she grew. [Although I called her "it" since we didn't know she was, in fact, a "she".]


The past 366 days [leap year, what!] have been filled to the brim.
With uncertainty.
With joy.
With unspeakable fear.
With immeasurable love.

That little apple seed is much bigger now.


Her smile makes me catch my breath + her heart is already so beautiful.

I'm anxious to see the strong woman she grows up to be.

But I can wait.
For just a bit longer.
Hold her tightly while she'll let me.
And then for just a bit longer.

Oh, my dear,
I've already known you a year.
And I can't wait to know you more.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogging tips