28 January 2013

keeping up appearances



scandal.

I know, it's kind of backwards; usually you see people starting out with blogger + switching to wordpress once they've got their foot in the blogging door or have become a bit more established + know what they're looking for.

I, on the other hand have been blogging for the past ten years, almost exclusively with wordpress + never with blogger.

my curiosity got the better of me + once I set up a blogger account to take a look around, I kind of fell in love. I mean, pretty much everything else google does is gold in my books -- why wouldn't blogger be the same?

I was attracted to the amount of freedom blogger provided to keep up appearances, instead of having to pay to get exactly what I wanted in wordpress. once you're in, you're in; you have full access to change the coding around + make what you wish of the space. + as someone who likes to have things look just so, blogger definitely appeals to me.

but it left me wondering, when I really sat down + pondered my jump from what I thought was blogging perfection to what I always considered to be a starting point.

what am I more concerned with, when it comes to my blog? is it the way it looks, or the content? is it the fact that I can style everything exactly the way I want, or is it the gospel being read on the pages? 

instead of keeping up appearances, I need to let the dirty show. I need to cut through the guck + grime, revealing what's underneath. to show Jesus + let Him shape my appearance, overcoming my need for perfection.

He died a gruesome death so that I might live.

sure, I can live + write in a space that looks nice.
but it's nothing without Him in it.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogging tips