15 March 2013

rest


sometimes I just want the noise to stop.
I can't be the only one.

find rest my soul


my husband's work is in shifts; long and only partially predictable hours, each week looking a bit differently. some weeks, the hours are so that I feel like a single parent. I know I'm beyond blessed to be able to stay at home with the baby for this season. I would do anything for her. I would give my right arm to keep her from suffering. but sometimes I just don't want to pick up the same toy from where she's thrown it on the floor for the upteenth time.

I want the escape of a cozy, busy coffee shop, where I can be anonymous yet present, productive in nothing but the ability to rest my mind + my heart.

we have only a month left here. three weeks of shift work, one week of packing, and we're off. to start a new chapter, at least for the summer, in our hometown. a chapter with joys and struggles of its own, in the form of family and church and the newness in general.

there is hope for rest there, in the midst of joy and struggle.


writing with Lisa Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday
hop on over + see how others interpret rest.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogging tips