12 April 2013

embrace your season



Usually when one goes to college or university, their stay is relatively brief. A few years in a campus environment before graduation, and then on to whatever lies next. Apparently I’m not like the usual ones. After high school, I, like most of my senior class, left my hometown to partake in some kind of further education. My parents’ minivan was packed for a four hour drive to a tiny university town one province over.

Five years later I had a Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies, one year of a two-year Bachelor of Education down, and had recently celebrated my first wedding anniversary. A few weeks into the second year of my BEd, I decided that teaching wasn’t what God had called me to; that for me, to quit was to win.

Since we were already settled in and my husband had a good job in town, we decided to stay until the end of the school year. There is a Christian fellowship group on campus which I’ve been blessed to be a part of since I was a freshman; over the years it has become a fairly comfortable community in which we are able to worship and draw near to God.A few other married couples in the group meant that we had peers who could relate to our married lives. We led bible studies and poured into younger ones, whether they were students or not.

Then we got pregnant …

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogging tips